Welcome to Department of Consumer Affairs
Sphere of responsibilities under Consumer Protection Act :-
1. Implementation and enforcement of Consumer Protection Act, 1986.
2. Providing assistance and guidance to consumers for settling their grievances through established redressal mechanism.
3. To educate consumers about their rights and responsibilities through media and publicity awareness programmes.
4. To arrange training programmes for Officers and Members of Consumer Fora from time to time.
5. To take up the issues of consumer complaints and register the cases in appropriate Consumer Forum.